Elgar: Dream of Gerontius, Middlesbrough Town Hall, with Jeffrey Lloyd-Roberts, Anna Stéphany, Roderick Earle
Cleveland Philharmonic Choir
- is a mixed-voice choir which aspires to professional standards and has a good reputation in north-east England.
- has over 120 members, currently aged from 17 upwards, from Middlesbrough, Stockton, East Cleveland, Hartlepool and North Yorkshire.
- gives at least three concerts a year, using professional soloists and a good orchestra.
- stages performances in Stockton Parish Church, Stockton Baptist Tabernacle and Middlesbrough Town Hall.
- has weekly term-time rehearsals supported by several Choral Training days each year.
- involves children and young people in its performances.
- has sung in a world première and jointly commissioned a new work.
- has sung music spanning five centuries of composition, and is not afraid of a challenge!
- has a mailing list of over 300, runs a limited edition free ticket scheme for new audience members and is supported by a ‘Friends of the Choir’ organisation.
- gives a warm welcome and lots of help to new members.
- is fortunate in having John Forsyth as Music Director – a source of non-stop energy, inspiration and fun. John Forsyth - Musical Director
- is proud to have as its Honorary President Sir Thomas Allen CBE, the distinguished baritone. Sir Thomas Allen CBE - Honorary President