Cleveland Philharmonic Choir Concert in Sage Gateshead, November 1st 2014.
Walton: Belshazzar's Feast, with Sir Thomas Allen, Northern Spirit, members of North East Youth Chorale and Mowbray Orchestra. Conductor: John Forsyth.
Cleveland Philharmonic Choir
- is a mixed-voice choir which aspires to professional standards and has a good reputation in north-east England.
- is fortunate in having John Forsyth MBE as Music Director – a source of non-stop energy, inspiration and fun. John Forsyth MBE - Musical Director
- is proud to have as its Honorary President Sir Thomas Allen CBE, the distinguished baritone. Sir Thomas Allen CBE - Honorary President
- has over 120 members, currently aged from 17 upwards, from Middlesbrough, Stockton, East Cleveland, Hartlepool, Darlington and North Yorkshire.
- gives at least three concerts a year, using professional soloists and a good orchestra.
- stages concerts throughout the Tees Valley region and beyond.
- has weekly term-time rehearsals supported by several Choral Training days each year.
- involves children and young people in its performances.
- has sung music spanning five centuries of composition, including a world première and a joint commission; it is not afraid of a challenge.
- has a mailing list of over 300, runs a limited edition free ticket scheme for new audience members and is supported by a ‘Friends of the Choir’ organisation.
- gives a warm welcome and lots of help to new members.